DragonRuby Game Toolkit - Nokia Jam Edition
Hello game devs. Below is a link to a free "Game Jam" License to DragonRuby Game Toolkit: A commercial, cross-platform 2D game
The GameJam is over, see you next year!
FREE DOWNLOAD: This zip file includes a sample app/starting point specifically for Nokia Jam 3 (see the animated gif below).
Here is a quick intro/tutorial video of the low resolution capabilities of DragonRuby Game Toolkit (just pretend everything in green ^_^):
Documentation (they are included in the zip file too).
Ping me (@amirrajan) in the DragonRuby Discord if you hit any snags.
Super Easy Setup Guide:
- Unzip file (download link at the top).
- Go to the directory that represents your operating system.
- Run dragonruby.exe.
- Open mygame/app/main.rb in the code editor of your choosing. A Nokia Jam starter game will load up.
- Read the comments in the code and follow the change instructions.
- Save the file.
- Watch the game change.
- There are 60+ sample apps under the samples directory that show everything GTK can do.
How to Publish Your Game:
- Done coding your game? Cool!
- Fill out mygame/metadata/metadata.txt.
- Double click dragonruby-publish.exe.
- A folder will appear called "build" that includes Windows, Mac, Linux, and Web versions of your game.
- Upload to Itch.